The office of Anak Mindanao party-list representative Hon. Mujiv S. Hataman release a PRESS RELEASE dated February 1, 2006 that questions the issuance of President Arroyo’s Executive Order 496. EO 496 tasked the Office of the Presidential Adviser on the Peace Process (OPAPP) to oversee and control the affairs of the following agencies and offices:

1. Office of the Muslims Affiars (OMA)
  2. Mindanao Economic Development Council (MEDCo)
  3. ARMM Social Fund for Peace and Development (ASFPD) and
  4. Mindanao Peace and Development Fund (MPDF).

The current complicated peace process in Mindanao and Peace Talks between GRP-MILF is also one of the OPAPP tasks to implement and supervise. I have bad feelings about this EO 496 on the development of peace process here in Mindanao. This is NOT new to us .. from Moro Department and Mindanao Affairs during the Colonial American period? Same office to pacify our right to self-determination and freedom but with different branding names.

Why? It’s because OPAPP is headed by Jesus Dureza, Presidential Assistant for Mindanao, concurrent MEDCo chair and also a former chair of the government peace panel negotiating with the Moro Islamic Liberation Front (MILF). Sec. Dureza was been highly criticized with many controversies like the unilaterally changed or annotated some provissions or articles of the minutes of March 28, 2003 exploratory talks in Kuala Lumpur. I don’t trust Sec. Dureza and i bet he will just make the peace process much more worse.

Insted the peace process will progress Sec. Dureza will spoil all the hardworks of both peace panels of GRP-MILF and all peace advocates in Mindanao. The peace development as everyone foresee now have move to a significant achievement but it will turn into trash as some the likes of Sec. Dureza who just trash around to divide the unity of the Moro people and the relationship between Filipino-Moro. Instead they work for a more just and meaningful reconciliation they make it worst. It’s a fact he succeded his evil plan during the Moro National Liberation Front (MNLF) – GRP Peace talks. Hope it won’t happen again with the MILF. Check my related rants about the peace talks: GRP-MILF Peace Talks – progressive?.

“Silently, this administration is treating Muslims as mere terrorists and criminals. Why this? Executive Order 496 aggravates the evident expression of deliberate neglect by the government and upgrading programs and projects that will address and advance the concerns and complexities of the Muslim communities,” Hataman said.

Hataman said the Arroyo administration should not regard Muslims as a “social menace” but as peace-loving, God-fearing people enjoying its own heritage, culture and tradition and as people with high respect to the laws of the land.

This kind of development manifest the insincerety of Pres. Arroyo and the Colonial Manila (Filipino) Gov’t. to the address the real issue genuinely and with sense of justice and fairness. Putting the affairs of Muslims under the office that oversight peace process is not a healthy working environment between the Filipino and Moro people. It’s like portraying that we Moro Muslims in the Philippines are not peace loving and we are mere terrorists and criminals.

To end this rants, I join with Hon. Hataman calls to demand President Arroyo the withdrawal of EO 496 on the basis that Muslims should be accorded with high sense of decency in dealing with their economic, political and socio-cultural concerns.

Aren’t they desperate as our journey to Independence will soon be realize?as long our Moro leaders can’t be teased by candy offering by Sec.Dureza our elusive Bangsamoro Inpendence will soon be achieved. Inshallah (God Willing).

Authors note: If you want reply and comment, you need to register here. I don’t need cowards comment lurking anonymously. I required registration for this reason.

Recommend to friends
  • gplus
  • pinterest

About the Author

Jun Macarambon

A Male #Bangsamoro, Activist, Blogger, Security, h4x0r, GNU/Linux and FOSS Evangelist, PC Enthusiast, Filmmaker

1. khalid mama-o
    June 13, 2007 at 1:15 pm

saan po b ginaganap ang civil service exam ng mga muslim? saang lokasyon dito sa manila

2. Robert Baltazar
    August 8, 2007 at 5:04 pm

I was born and raised as a Catholic and I don’t find the religion I was forced into as a child suitable to my beliefs. I recently read a book about a debate between Muslims and Christians and am currently reading a pocket Quran. I would like to become a Muslim but I just don’t know how to get about it.

3. melvin
    August 20, 2007 at 2:21 pm

where is the office of O.M.A. in the philippines

4. rashed (juanito/johnny) eliscupides
    August 26, 2007 at 8:51 am

for Robereto Salazar – publish Aug 8, 2007:

Am a christian bybirth and now a believer of ISLAM.

I have plenty of materials for you to understand ISLAM pls contact me at my email add or at my phone 09063115123.

5. rashed (juanito/johnny) eliscupides
    August 26, 2007 at 8:53 am

for Robereto Balazar – publish Aug 8, 2007:

Am a christian bybirth and now a believer of ISLAM.

6. rashed (juanito/johnny) eliscupides
    August 26, 2007 at 9:02 am

to : Robert Baltazar

my earlier msg has typing error in your name sorry, I am a christian by birth and now a believer of ISLAM.
    pls contact me at my email address, I have plenty of materials for you to understand ISLAM by mind and by heart.

email =
    c-phone = 09063115123

7. amirol2007
    August 27, 2007 at 5:41 pm

Salam alaykom. to all brothers & sisters in Philippines.

8. andy
    September 8, 2007 at 4:35 pm

to muslim affairs officer

pls take action on the bedgo/bedco ngo. many people are involve in this so called organization that holds the development of mindanao.

the said ngo coolected money in exchange for bigger income.
    pls take action to let people know the truth bout this ngo.

pls help clear the name of muslim coz it really affects the name of muslims.

9. richard dacanay
    November 1, 2007 at 4:52 am

what is the telephone number of your office?

10. antonio
    November 12, 2007 at 7:27 pm

paano po pumunta sa OMA dito sa philippines?

11. antonio
    November 12, 2007 at 7:30 pm

answer please

12. ruel mascarenas
    November 22, 2007 at 8:34 pm

good day

how can i come in the head office of Muslim affairs here in manila because of my visa’s translation after confirming my flight i have to proceed to your office for the translation of my visa. my flight is on 28th of November please inform me as soon as possible ill wait for your response thank you

truly yours

Ruel Mascarenas

13. IRYZ
    November 24, 2007 at 2:47 pm

Hi Mr. Ruel Mascarenhas

Please bring with you the copy of your passport and vIsa at OMA at the address below:

14. jie
    November 28, 2007 at 10:54 am

good morning..may i know the location of OMA here in pampanga?because i need my visa to be translated..thank you very much..please reply as soon as possible…thank you..

15. jie
    November 28, 2007 at 11:01 am

My celphone no. is 0910-900-8614..

16. edwin bresenio
    December 17, 2007 at 11:58 am

asalam alaykum,
    im converted for the last two years in dubai ,i went to NSO. Q.C. and they suggested me to go to Zamboanga for authentication of my converted paper through supreme court muslim there any possible way i can do,to approve my paper because im out of cash and there”s no other means to reach Zamboanga as of it applicable if i just fax my papers,just send me the complete address where and whom i shall send my papers.

17. wyzemoro
    December 17, 2007 at 2:51 pm

For authentication… just go to any OMA offices in Metro Manila.

18. Pia
    January 4, 2008 at 3:23 pm

My brother died in K.S.A. last Dec 14, 2007 but until now his body has not yet arrive here in the Philippines. The cause of his death is unclear up to now since we never heard that he got an illness. The whole family is in agony especially that his body has not yet arrive here in the Phil. His friends has e-mailed us his death and medical records but it is written in Arabic words. We badly needed translation to English so that we can able to understand the cause of his death. Please help us.

19. LAdee Allen Badulis
    March 26, 2008 at 1:12 pm

i would like to ask kng san ung office ng Muslim Affairs,. kasi kailangan matranslate ung passport ko sa Arabic… can you please help me.. i urgently need it.. please send me back a reply.

April 12, 2008 at 5:48 pm

nice …..I AM PROUD i AM A MUSLIM

April 12, 2008 at 5:57 pm

22. Ria
    April 21, 2008 at 9:19 pm

Assalai MaIaikum. I am a christian and have muslim bf. we have a 9mos old daughter. My question is, is there any paper like baptismal certificate in Islam? And for her to be recognized as Muslim. How will she be recognized, what kind of papers do i have to get and where? What are the procedure? Her father is a Pakistani and he is not here in the Philippines, so i am the one who took cares of this matters.

Salamat! Hoping for your soonest reply.

23. liza m. macalandong
    May 8, 2008 at 10:30 am

when will be the schedule for shariah exam?

24. meljorie nastor
    July 5, 2008 at 7:15 am

whats the telefhone numberof head office of muslim affair

25. fatima
    July 30, 2008 at 10:55 am

Sallam alaikum!! i converted to islam and married my palestinian husband. he is married there too. i am having problem emotionally with the situation.i have 2 kids, for 10 years he didnt say to his family and first wife about us. i want to end our relationship. can i do that? he was agreeing about it but going to support us for very little amout. i dont know if i can survive? can i ask help at OMA?

26. emjae
    August 5, 2008 at 12:27 pm

i am a christian bt my bf is a muslim en im pregnant for i want to b converted in muslimen we want to get married bt he is not hir now en he is in dubai,is it possible for us to get married even by a phonecall wen i go personally in OMA?please try to help us..thank you…jplz jaz email ur answer to me in my email add.en let me know who is the person in charge for that matter..thanks

27. peter bates
    August 20, 2008 at 5:25 am

Please tell me the address of the Office on Muslim Affairs in Cebu. IWe have my visa and the flight is tomorrow.

28. maridol
    October 1, 2008 at 10:15 pm

i am a christian n myhusband was a convertd muslim in saudi. I discoverd that he had a woman and they r planing to get marid. we r marid under the n registerd at d NSO. wud it be posible for them to get marid even if i,m not authorizing it. i am aware of the shariah law n it is said there that they cant get marid unles permitd by d legal wife.beside cant say that my husband is a ful pledge muslim since he stil use to eat pork meat n had a picture of the virgin mary in his walet. want to stop them. i also want my husbands regstration at the muslim affair in riyadh to be cancelled. he is dis obeying the muslim law.

29. maridol
    October 1, 2008 at 10:18 pm

i wud lyk also to seek or ask some help wer and how can i stop them. d woman is a christian. thnks

30. Iman
    December 30, 2008 at 9:37 pm

Sallam alaikum!!!
    I’am coming back this January to Philippines and im looking forward to visit your office in Manila. Please let me know your address or telephone no. i can contact.

31. faricia
    January 13, 2009 at 3:41 pm

salam. i’d like to inquire does anyone know what the requirements are to get a certificate for OMA? someone told me it’s birth certificate and picture.what if you dont have a birth certificate?

32. sharyn
    February 25, 2009 at 2:00 pm

i am a christian and i was converted into muslim or i embraced Islam last Ramadan, Alhamdulilllah i find the right way…my problem is where i can get a certificate that i am now a muslim i want to be registered because i want to go umrah this coming ramadan please help me im working as a nurse in KSA

33. jody
    March 16, 2009 at 7:44 pm

salam.i am christian by birth and married to a muslim man in UAE.i already converted to ISLAM and had my shahada there in abu husband is now in syria and he wants me and our 2 sons to go there but i need to change my passport as muslim,meaning to change my name.what’s my first step?i dont have any papers about my shahada,do i need to get it in UAE?can you help me please..i need you response as soon as possible..thank you so much.

34. kokie
    April 1, 2009 at 2:44 am

saan po ba adress ng oma sa cebu?

35. fareeha jabeen
    April 27, 2009 at 6:27 pm

MY EMAIL IS “”
    and in yahoo “”

ok bye tc

36. maryam nadeem siddiqui
    May 2, 2009 at 12:45 pm

assalam-walaykum po sa inyong lahat. Im from bicol region married a pakistani. i came here in phil.(bicol) to get my son. and i want to seek an advice how to get my son from here in phil. The name he have right now is christian name and i want him to embrace Islam as soon as possible. From where i will process this papers which i needed for him? where we will go for embracing Islam and changing his name from the passport which i will proceed after finishing embracing Islam. Please i need help for this……….. thanks for reading my letter. InshaAllah PEACE for everyone here in philippines will have. Allah hafiz

37. Ramona Sanchez Sanchez
    May 12, 2009 at 4:18 pm

i am currently working in Abu Dhabi UAE, married to a Muslim guy and i also converted but i didnt change my name durng that time. Kindky advise what are the procedures for changing name as i want to go with my husband to Saudi Arabia for HAjj. i am planning to go Philippines for vacation but for only 15days, will that be enough to process everything?
    i will really appreciate if you can give me a guidelines like where to go and what do and how long will it take.

thank you very much for your help.

38. siena banderado
    May 21, 2009 at 12:14 pm

goodam!ask ko lang kung saan po oma sa manila?tnxs po

39. sam
    May 21, 2009 at 12:31 pm

iam a christian and my husband was a converted muslim in saudi.i discoverved that he had a women and they caught because of fake marriage,he not supporting my 2 sons.i want to stop them!i need your response as a soon as possiblethank you so much

40. april
    June 19, 2009 at 9:48 am

may i know the and office of muslim affairs in cebu?

41. Jaizerson
    November 14, 2010 at 3:05 pm

Dear sir/madam;
    Me and my wife is working in saudi arabia as for now and as a new here, were married in philippines,and before we got to KSA we take our contract to be stamp in saudi arabia embassy, but as we here they said we have to translate it to arabic and to be stamp, because were new here colud you advice us what would be our first step to do the process for our marriage contract, for us to live together here in Saudi.
    Thank you and hope your respon.

42. mariya
    February 7, 2011 at 7:10 pm

With all the issues presented above, can somebody in authority please discuss answers related to:

1. how muslim coverts who were previously married under catholic and civil laws remarry a foreign muslim man if the previous husband does not agree to a legal separation and annullment grounds on psychological incapacity is just too nasty to argue in court, infact the christian marriage was already not real (both live separate lives) in the last 4 years?

2. legal procedures under Sharia for the woman to get reprieve from the previous marriage (the woman converted in the Middle east 4 years ago), now living in the Philippines

3. if second marriage takes place in the Philippines, what will be the requisites for the foreign muslim guy?

salam wa barakahfeekum

43. jo castillo
    March 13, 2011 at 3:06 pm

Please advise me on how can i make the necessary annulment if i am married to a foreign muslim . We have 3 kids , and we are living here in Manila. I have decided to do so because I cannot accept my husband to have other wives aside from me. We didn’t marry by the Islam rite but by civil marriage.

thanks and waiting for your immediate reply.

44. victor pagador
    May 22, 2011 at 6:01 am

isa akong balik islam at 6yrs nakong separated sa asawa pero hindi ngalang ligal separated, ang tanong ko if maging ligal kaya if mag aasawa ako ayon sa batas islam, kahit di ako ng file ng ligal separation sa unang asawa noong akoy cristian pa? approbahan kaya ng NSO ang married contract ko kaya? kapag kinasal ako sa islam? maging ligal ba kaya ang pag aasawa ko?

45. dha salih
    June 27, 2011 at 7:28 pm

salam.nag asawa po me d2 sa saudi…knasal kami ng hustadz..ang tanung kupo pano kami maka kuha ng marid cont.galing sa sharia court?

46. alisha
    August 1, 2011 at 9:42 am

Pls help us to stop this kind of attitude of this person marrying as he likes, and all the wife all the first wife he lying in the court. I been married to him without my knowledge he is a married man in a filipina and have one daughter, when he was ask by the lawyer he said no wifes.. only one thing I have dissappointed is he using Islam to marry many as he can and most is filipina from singapore and most of all maid… please help me… to stop all this practices of an muslim… hope you past responce for this problem… thanks…

47. agot
    November 15, 2011 at 6:44 am

With all the issues presented below, can somebody in authority please discuss answers related to:

2. legal procedures under Sharia for the woman to get reprieve from the previous marriage (the woman converted in the Middle east ) and will re-marry in the middle east.

48. abdulah a. panda
    December 10, 2011 at 11:13 am

salam?.magkano po ba ang bayad pag magkuha ng hiegth waiver

49. Mike Kilpatrick
    December 20, 2011 at 1:05 pm

Dear Madam/Sir

My name is Michael ( Abdul Sabbor) Kilpatrick, I’am a covert to Islam since 1990 and made the Hajj in 2001.

For the last few months I have been in contact daily with a Muslim sister by the name of Ana Marie, we have become friends and through the blessings and guidance we have found common interest in each other and have equally decided to get married in the Philippines inshallah in February it is during this time I plan to travel from the US and with the full intention of marrying Ana Maria who is thirty years old.

My question is Ana Marie is legally separated from her abusive Christian husband for nearly two years now, I would like to know if I would be allowed to marry her under Islamic tradition or laws based in the Philippines?

My intention is to marry and provide to Ana Marie my unconditional love and support for her under the laws of Islam and your governing laws within the Philippines, I only seek to do what is correct and enjoy my marriage to the women I truly believe competes me in my life.

I seek your guidance and hopefully you would please spare me of pain of not being able to not marry her,
    I look forward to hearing from you inshallah thanking you in advance for your sincere assistance in this matter.

Michael (Abdul Saboor) Kilpatrick
    Florida USA 407-722-9091

50. reem
    December 24, 2011 at 2:54 am

ask ko lng po kung saan my malapit na islamic center sa lkaspinas?

51. elizabeth guantero
    March 27, 2012 at 11:29 am

paano po pala and what are the requirements if i want to get married a muslim man , here in Cebu.He was born im morroco and now lived in Holland,he is muslim/dutch citizen, he is married but capable of having a 2nd wife but the problem is dutch citizen dont allowed more than 2 a chritian cathlolic and we want to get married in muslim ceremony,is it possible?pls helppppppppppppppp.thanks

52. Joy
    May 10, 2012 at 2:55 pm

Hello po,

pwede po ba magpa translate nang passport dito sa OMA? and ano po ang requirements and magkano ang bayad? do you have braches in cagayan de oro city or in cebu?

i really need you help.. salamat po ng marami.

53. janine magahis
    August 16, 2012 at 7:48 pm

Pwede po magtanong.sana my sumagot po kng sinong may alam.Hi! Ako po ay isang catholic na my anak na muslim sa boyfriend kong muslim singaporean. Nx yr pa po ang wedding namin kya illgitimate pa ang bata.kelangan pa ba nya ng certfcate of muslim from office of muslim para mkpagpgwa ng passport o hnd na? Pls po from nasugbu batangas..

Send from iphone

54. Alvin
    August 26, 2012 at 1:51 pm

Assalam Alaikum,

I am currently working in Doha Qatar and I have a driving license issued by this country and I want to get driving license to our country but LTO required to translate my Qatar driving license in English to your office.

Please let me know your office contact numbers and location in Manila.

Best Regards,

55. geng tagnong
    June 22, 2013 at 8:56 pm

ako po ay isang muslim ngunit ako po ay nkpngasawa ng cristian ngut xa ay ngblik islm aswa xa s knlng lugar dlwa ank pro d cla ksal don kmi ngpksl s saudi my ank n po kmi isa…ppno mgkuha ng marriage contract?

56. Catherine Sy
    July 26, 2013 at 2:39 pm

Please can you give me the Muslim address of Cebu, for muslim conversion. They were previously located at crown plaza bldg, but now they’ve move.

57. Lolita p. Casao
    December 4, 2013 at 1:04 pm

san po ako pwede magpa translate ng marriage contract into arabic. thank you po

58. Abdel Aziz Alih
    December 14, 2013 at 3:53 pm

Assalamu Alaikum. I’m applying for renewal of lost passport in DFA. They told me that because my NSO birth certificate indicates that I am a late registrant and a Muslim, I need first to get an OMA Certificate as a requirement. What do I need to bring to the OMA Office to get an OMA certificate. Shukran.

59. sadz
    April 12, 2014 at 7:59 am

assalm allaikum to all muslim brother and sister,, tanung kulang po anu requirements kung kukuha ng OMA certificate?

60. Reem Caburnay
    September 18, 2014 at 8:33 pm

paano po ung proseso sa pag DIVORCE kasi ung husband ko christian kasal kami sa katoliko.naghiwalay kami since 2006 nong nag abroad ako sa UAE..nag convert ako 2009,,ung asawa ko christian parin may iba na cyang pamilya kaya gusto ko na cya e divorce paano po ung proseso saan ako mag file para sa divorce namin…pls help mga sisters and brothers..

61. napoleon magin jr.
    February 16, 2015 at 3:48 am

I want to marry a muslim lady. what are the requirements to marry a muslim woman. I am christian please advise.